All Sherpas go through a rigorous vetting process before they become Sherpas for TradeSherpa.
We have no hesitation kicking a Sherpa out if he or she does not abide by our values: listening to clients, putting clients’ interests first, providing proactive and clear guidance at each step, being transparent on service fees, and delivering high-value services within clients’ budget constraints.
Besides proving that they have the TradeSherpa spirit, Sherpas need to demonstrate:
- Robust experience working with foreign companies expanding to the USA, demonstrating hands-on knowledge and cultural agility
- Appetite for guiding and servicing SMBs
- Expert skills in their field, backed by clients’ and other Sherpas’ recommendations
- Ability to collaborate with other Sherpas effectively (we hate communication limbos and siloes)
- Business ethics and quality processes, so that clients can easily track and control progress as well as results
- Specific value-add: languages, expertise on specific US regions or states, etc.