1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect several types of information from and about you, both directly when you provide it to us, and automatically as you navigate through and interact with our Services. We may also collect information about you from certain third parties.
The information we collect from and about you may include personal information, which is any information that identifies you as a specific individual and can be used to contact or identify you.
Depending on how you use our Services, the information we collect may include:
- Information that you provide when you register or create an account on our Website (which may include your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, login and password details, and information relating to your company or business).
- Information that you provide through your use our Services generally (which may include, for example, information provided when you subscribe to our mailing list, fill out questionnaires and create business roadmaps, or when you contact or speak with us through the Website or by email, mail, or telephone).
- Information you provide to place orders or to make or receive payments, such as credit card or other financial account information and billing addresses.
- Details of any transactions you carry out through our Website and Services.
- Information collected automatically when you access and as you navigate through our Website (which may include usage details, IP address, and other information collected through unique device identifiers, cookies, and other tracking technologies).
- Information we receive when you choose to participate in promotions or activities, or other services, resources, and activities proposed through our Services.
- Information we receive from third parties. For example, we may supplement the information we collect with information we receive from our Sherpas in connection with Sherpa Services provided to you.
- Any other information we may request from you as required for the provision of our Services, such as copies of identify documents, or as may be required by law, such as tax identification numbers for tax filings.
2. USE OF INFORMATION
TradeSherpa may use the information that we collect from users to:
- Operate, develop, deliver, and improve the quality of our Services.
- Set up and maintain user accounts, and provide users with information and updates.
- Complete user transactions, process registrations and purchases, verify information, and other compliance and internal business purposes.
- Communicate with users about transactions, updates, and other administrative issues, and respond to user queries and requests.
- Contact users with newsletters, marketing, or promotional materials (including on behalf of third parties), and other information that may be of interest to users.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which users may provide information.
- Customize and improve our Website and Services and the user experience.
- Administer and develop our business relationship with users.
- Resolve disputes, address complaints, and troubleshoot technical problems.
- Protect our rights or property, or the rights or property of others.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between the users and us.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
3. INFORMATION WE SHARE
We may share aggregated and de-identified data (information that does not specifically identify any individual) with third parties without restriction.
We may share personal information as follows:
- When we negotiate or enter into a business transaction or legal proceeding involving the sale or transfer of all or part of our business or assets, such as a merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy.
- To comply with laws and/or respond to lawful requests and legal process.
- To protect our rights and property, and those of our agents, customers, and others. This includes enforcing our user agreements, policies, and other terms and contracts.
- In an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our community of users, or any person.
- We may also share personal information with third party partners who provide services to us (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and online advertising, payment processing, fraud detection, and improvement of Trade Sherpa’s features).
- For any other purpose with your express consent, such as posting testimonials or reviews that you may provide, along with your name, on our Website.
We may also share your personal information as required for your use of our Services, including as follows:
- We may share personal information about Sherpas (including names and contact information) to users who may be interested in contacting them.
- If a user chooses to contact a Sherpa through our Services, we may provide the user’s personal information (including name, contact information, and other information relating to the user’s company or business) to such Sherpa to facilitate an introduction.
- For any other purpose required for your use of our Services as disclosed at the time you provide the information.
We do not sell or disclose personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless we first provide you with the opportunity to opt-in to or opt-out of such sharing.
4. INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Accessing and Updating your Information
You may access, modify, and delete the personal information that you have provided to us by accessing your account on the Website, or by contacting us directly by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of the Services (for example, administrative and service announcements) via email and other means and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications.
Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
Our Website uses “cookies” to improve the user experience. Although most web browsers automatically accept cookies, you may be able to change the options in major web browsers to stop automatically accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies. Please note, however, that if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use all functionality of the Services.
Please note that your browser setting may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online service you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, TradeSherpa does not alter its practices when it receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a user’s browser.
TradeSherpa cares about the protection and security of the information it collects and stores about its users. All access to the Site is encrypted using industry-standard transport layer security technology (TLS). When you enter sensitive information (such as tax identification number), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We also use HTTPS strict transport security to add an additional layer of protection for our TradeSherpa users. But remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Thus, while we strive to protect your personal information, TradeSherpa cannot ensure and does not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
6. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our Services may contain links to other websites. If you choose to click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
7. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Unless you delete or request that we delete certain information, we retain the information we collect for at least 5 years (or as long as needed for your use of our Services, if longer).
Please note that if your personal information is deleted or your account is closed, your personal information may remain in our archives and information you update or delete, or information within a closed account, may persist internally or for our administrative purposes. It is not always possible to completely remove or delete information from our databases.
Phishing websites imitate legitimate websites in order to obtain personal or financial information. Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to TradeSherpa. If you believe you have received an email or had a similar interaction with a third party pretending to be TradeSherpa, please report it to: email@example.com.
9. CHILDREN UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE
Our Website is not intended for, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from, children under 18 years of age. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18, we will delete that information. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child younger than 18, and believe that TradeSherpa has collected personal information from your child, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
11. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY